[There's a Filmography link over to your left..]
• BURN NOTICE - TV drama in its sixth season about an ex-CIA spy in Miami and you can read the rest on IMDb. I play a man whom it would be overkill to hire to escort your children to school. Due to air I think on about July 19, but don’t quote me on that. IMDb.
Semi-official synopsis: Rhoda Williams (Brit Marling), a bright young woman accepted into MIT’s astrophysics program, aspires to explore the cosmos. A brilliant composer, John Burroughs (William Mapother), has just reached the pinnacle of his profession and is about to have a second child. On the night of the discovery of a duplicate Earth, tragedy strikes and the lives of these strangers become irrevocably intertwined.
The shooting of each silent film lasted only about ten seconds, but because they’re shot at 1,000 frames/sec (regular speed is 24 frames/sec), they play back verrrryyyy slowly, at anywhere from five to ten minutes. They were broadcast on a mammoth, 85-ft x 45-ft outdoor screen at part of NYC’s Lincoln Center Festival in July, and it’s expected that they’ll go on tour soon. William is in three of them. Other actors included Patti LuPone, Alan Rickman, Holly Hunter, Liev Shreiber, and performers from around the world. The Wall St. Journal piece includes a Mapother quote or two, and a HuffPo piece includes the photo at right and a video interview with David. Finally, as a sample, the Rickman film is here, and videos from Slow Dancing, David’s earlier installation, are here.
• FDR: AMERICAN BADASS! – Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 32nd President of these United States, leads the fight against a pack of unruly, ungrateful, un-American werewolves. Based on true events. William’s brief appearance as Dr. Ellington did not result in the harming of any werewolves. Distribution 2012. IMDB. [NB: Brought to you by the good folks behind Darnell Dawkins: Mouth Guitar Legend, in which William played a pastor. Seriously.]
• STATIC - a 3D horror film about a young couple terrorized in their home by a nearly unseen visitor. WM plays a real estate agent. Given the housing market, consideration is underway for a sequel entitled, frighteningly, REALTOR. Distribution 2012. IMDb.
• THE SECRET WORLD - a videogame whose tagline is, simply enough, “Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true.” They should probably expect a copyright infringment suit from Fox News. It’s an MMORPG. If you have to ask. Due out in 2012. Home page. My post.
• A secreter game than The Secret World. So secret I can’t even talk about it. But it promises to be…awesome. Out in 2012.